Thursday 31 January 2013

Zooey Deschanel really needs to Old Girl these crazy eyed poses of hers

At one point, I was totally down with Zooey Deschanel being the next huge "It Girl" in Hollywood but then I found myself wandering into Unpopular Opinion territory. I'll say one thing, I have not yet watched an episode of "New Girl," but dammit, the crazy-eyed look that Zooey keeps flashing the camera on red carpets and events like this one held by Glamour magazine in honor of Cindi Leive isn't doing her any favors. I start to wonder what happened to the girl who was quirky and kinda foul-mouthed, which was cool because she looked too pretty to be saying some of the shit that she did. (Perfect example, Zooey in THE GOOD GIRL.) Now that her fans have turned sycophantic and believe she's going to shit a golden turd, I don't get it. Gone is that girl from before. Just like women don't find men who live at home to be rustic or intriguing or cute after the age of 30, neither should men give women that benefit either. Lena Dunham is perfectly illustrating that on "Girls." I guess I prefer that odd realism to that of a "New Girl."






No comments :

Post a Comment